Osteopathy is considered an essential service and will be able to remain open for now.
For face to face appointments, this is what I am doing to ensure that the clinic continues to be a low-risk place to visit:
- Cancelling appointments if I don't feel 100% or have any cold-like symptoms. Getting tested for Covid-19 and only returning to work if the test is negative.
- Using minimal linen (you are welcome to bring in your own towel to lie on)
- Wiping down the treatment table with a natural soap and water cleaning spray before each patient (Abode lime spritz) as well as spraying with a 70% alcohol cleaner
- Wearing a facemask during the hands-on treatment where social distancing is not possible.
- Using hand sanitiser or washing hands before each patient. We have hand sanitiser here if you would like to do the same
- Asking patients to leave clothes on where possible
- Putting away all toys, magazines and cushions
- Scheduling a 15-minute break between patients to air out the treatment room
- Limiting the number of daily appointments to 6
- No cancellation fee if you feel unwell
This is what you can do to help me keep the clinic running:
- Do not come to the clinic if you are feeling unwell, have come in contact with someone with Covid-19 or are waiting for the results of a Covid-19 test.
- You must inform me if you have tested positive for Covid-19 AND have come to the clinic in the last 14 days
- Try to come alone where possible (I know this may be hard with children, and that is fine)
- Wash your hands frequently and practice social distancing.
"Osteopathy is Service"
I've been thinking about this recently. How can I best serve my patients and my community? I've decided to remain open because I believe manual medicine can help the body function at its best. If you need a treatment but are currently experiencing financial hardship, please get in touch with me before booking your appointment so that I can work something out for you. I'm always open to a skill-swap!
I want to thank everyone for your continued support and let's continue to help our local small businesses stay in business!